Jonah Group is an independent consulting firm that designs and builds custom, high-performance, enterprise digital solutions with an emphasis on great user experience, robust architecture, and perfect fit. We believe that custom work is the *best* work, because only a custom solution can deliver competitive advantage to our customers.
If you are a person who consistently pushes yourself to be better and have a strong interest in emerging technologies then this is the workplace for you. Our collaborative team environment produces cohesion and high quality work, our environment also fosters a good sense of humor and a positive attitude.
Our capital markets practice includes major Canadian buy- and sell-side institutions that require leading-edge systems for their portfolio-management, trading, risk-management, accounting, reporting, and analytics needs. These dynamic and technically-aggressive firms apply agile techniques and modern technologies to achieve results in complex business and technology environments. A capital markets engagement through the Jonah Group will allow you to hone your technical skills and both broaden and deepen your business domain knowledge.
We are currently seeking experienced Senior Capital Markets Automated Java Test Developers. The successful candidates will be situated at one of our clients’ sites in downtown Toronto. These positions require outgoing and self-motivated individuals who will work closely with technology business stakeholders to drive improvements in testing efficiencies and system reliability.
In addition to strong technical skills, suitable candidates should have experience in front- and/or middle-office capital markets terminology, processes, instruments, and regulatory considerations.
• Work with technology and business subject-matter experts to understand system functionality and Story requirements, and design and construct effective test strategies, plans, cases, and data
• Work with other developers to guide them to effective levels of automated test cases
• Data validation
• Report on test execution status for each test cycle; Monitor code coverage and automated test results
• Integrate automated tests into DevOps stack
• 4+ years of QA/Testing experience on large-scale enterprise web applications
• 2+ years with Selenium
• Exposure to and understanding of Cucumber an asset
• Ability to understand the business intent and behavior of large, complex, enterprise apps
• Strong database skills (Oracle preferred), and ability to compare actual database results with expected ones
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Ability to prepare documentation and reports and communicate complex technical information in both lay and technical terms
• Solid background with writing and executing test plans and test cases
• Experience with requirements analysis and verification
• Possess excellent communication skills and a positive, outgoing attitude
• Familiarity with Wiki systems, and with Jira
• Demonstrated commitment to client satisfaction
• Ability to work independently and also as an effective team member; time management and flexibility are required to effectively prioritize and ensure completion
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Work with a SUPERB team
• Able to flex your creativity muscle, and have your opinions heard
• Free food and beverages every second Thursday night
• Flexible working hours
• Downtown Toronto Location-west end (easily accessible by public transit)
All interested candidates should send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “270 – Senior CM Automated Java Test Developer” in the subject line. We want to thank all individuals who apply and will be contacting suitably qualified applicants.
For more information about the Jonah Group, please visit www.jonahgroup.com or visit our corporate blog http://aseriesoftubes.com/.