Jonah Group is an independent consulting firm that designs and builds custom, high-performance, enterprise digital solutions with an emphasis on great user experience, robust architecture, and perfect fit. We believe that custom work is the *best* work, because only a custom solution can deliver competitive advantage to our customers.
If you are a person who consistently pushes yourself to be better, and have a strong interest in emerging technologies then this is the workplace for you. Our collaborative team environment produces cohesion and high quality work, our environment also fosters a good sense of humor and a positive attitude.
The Jonah Group is currently seeking an intermediate Java/J2EE Developer, this opportunity is for a permanent or contract position and starts immediately. The successful candidate will possess strong technical design and programming skills throughout the full J2EE stack. He or she must have strong communication and interpersonal skills, and be able to drive progress in an agile environment.
• Develop, maintain, and integrate coding for various client software systems / applications
• Communicate technical problems to peers, architects and project manager and recommendations for possible solutions
• Conduct unit and regression testing
• Write and maintain documentation for internal purposes as well as for the customer
• Interact with the client when necessary
• Solid technical skills. Need to know Java7, J2EE (JSP, Servlet, EJB, and Web Services) inside and out
• 3+ years’ experience in software development using Java/J2EE technologies
• Hands on experience with Spring MVC, Hibernate,
• Experience with .Ext/JHS is a nice to have
• Must have experience with web and enterprise application development
• Solid experience and very good understanding of client server architecture and Object Oriented Programming concepts (UML knowledge is mandatory)
• Solid experience developing and implementing complex application components
• Experience with relational databases, stored procedures, and related tools (PostGres, MySQL)
• Experience writing Junit tests and mocking dependencies
• Experience deploying applications on both Windows and Linux platforms
• Technical design experience (is an asset)
• Web Application Security and Vulnerability experience (considered an asset)
• A track record of great teamwork and the ability to work independently and drive projects to completion
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience or
• College Diploma in Computer Programming; Computer/Software Engineering
• Work with a SUPERB team
• Able to flex your creativity muscle, and have your opinions heard
• Free food and beverages every second Thursday night
• Flexible working hours
• Downtown Toronto Location-west end (easily accessible by public transit)
All interested candidates should send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “274 – Intermediate Java J2EE Developer” in the subject line. We want to thank all individuals who apply and will be contacting suitably qualified applicants.
For more information about the Jonah Group, please visit www.jonahgroup.com or visit our corporate blog http://aseriesoftubes.com/.