Jonah Group is an independent consulting firm that designs and builds custom, high-performance, enterprise digital solutions with an emphasis on great user experience, robust architecture, and perfect fit. We believe that custom work is the *best* work, because only a custom solution can deliver competitive advantage to our customers.
Our capital markets practice includes major Canadian buy- and sell-side institutions that require leading-edge systems for their portfolio-management, trading, risk-management, accounting, reporting, and analytics needs. These dynamic and technically-aggressive firms apply agile techniques and modern technologies to achieve results in complex business and technology environments. A capital markets engagement through the Jonah Group will allow you to hone your technical skills and both broaden and deepen your business domain knowledge.
The DBA will provide project, business unit and operational support of Information Technology applications. This includes ensuring the availability, stability and optimal performance of enterprise databases, fulfilling requests from internal business partners, and resolving issues that arise in day to day operations.
In addition to strong technical skills, suitable candidates will have experience in front- and/or middle-office capital markets terminology, processes, instruments, and regulatory considerations. Clear communication skills are essential.
• Investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve query and database performance issues
• Participate in Change Management processes including deploying database changes in all environments as requested, following change management standards and procedures
• Fulfilling service requests including database user access provisioning, attestations and audits, database refreshes, query tuning, code reviews and other improvement initiatives
• Owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and alerts within defined service levels by following incident management procedures and contributing to root cause analysis
• Ensure appropriate database maintenance activities are scheduled and completed (e.g. index rebuilds, stats gathering, data refresh jobs, etc.) using appropriate script and scheduling tools
• Contribute to capacity planning by collecting, reporting and analysing resource and performance metric data
• Supporting disaster recovery initiatives by participating in the planning and build-out of DR processes and participating in scheduled DR tests on weekends
• Rotational overnight support on a weekly basis with a frequency of once every 5-6 weeks
• 5-10 years administering, managing and supporting Oracle 11g/12c in a Linux environment
• Expertise deploying, configuring, tuning and supporting Oracle RAC, Automatic Storage Management (ASM), Oracle RMAN, Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) and DataGuard
• Fully conversant with Oracle tools and utilities (sqlplus, srvctl, dpexp/dpimp, statspack / AWR / ADDM, DB Control, etc)
• Advanced scripting experience with UNIX/Linux shell, Perl, PL/SQL, SQL and T-SQL
• Demonstrated experience with SQL Server 2008/2012/2014 and SQL Server high availability
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering
All interested candidates should send their resumes to email@example.com. Please include “276 – DBA” in the subject line. We want to thank all individuals who apply and will be contacting suitably qualified applicants.
For more information about the Jonah Group, please visit www.jonahgroup.com or visit our corporate blog http://aseriesoftubes.com/.